STEM Organizational Mission Statements
STEM Int'l has 3 program services, each focused on short-term mission:
- Outreaches (mission trips)
STEM Int'l delivers these program services through 4 organizational divisions:
- STEM Ministries and STEM Share (outreaches — now done in partnership with Orphanos)
- STEM STM Training (short-term mission training & consulting)
- STEM Press (publications)
Overarching Mission Statement
To extend God’s glory through strategic partnerships in short-term mission outreaches, training, and publications.
Program #1: Outreaches
Through the process of short-term mission, STEM encourages Christians to discover God’s world, and fulfill their strategic role in His global plan.
To take the light of Christ to unreached people groups by sending short-term teams to pray and serve with long-term Christian workers in restricted-access nations.
Program #2: Training
STEM STM Training
To empower churches and other sending entities to achieve maximum impact in their short-term mission programs through industry-leading training events and consulting and speaking services.
- STMLC (the “Leader’s Call”): The April Minneapolis Short-Term Mission Leaders’ Conference seeks to empower the local church and other sending entities to achieve maximum effectiveness in their short-term mission programs.
Program #3: Publications
STEM Press exists to extend God's glory by publishing and distributing mission materials and resources that equip, support, and improve short-term mission efforts.
- Mission Maker Magazine 2005 – 2009: To glorify God by helping to equip the global mission community for Great Commission teamwork.
- Commissioned Magazine (through 2007): To re-mobilize STEM’s previous short-term team members and to mobilize Christians of all ages to seek their strategic role in God’s Great Commission.